Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC)
BPSC AE 2020 Notification out @ http://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in for recruitment of 270 vacancies of Assistant Engineer Civil/Mechanical/Electrical posts.
Eligible candidates can register and fill BPSC AE Application Form for the BPSC AE Recruitment 2020 from 4 May 2020.
|BPSC AE Recruitment 2020: Important Dates|
|Release of BPSC AE Notification 2020||30 April 2020|
|Start Date of BPSC Registration & Application Process Online||4 May 2020|
|Last Date of BPSC Registration Online||18 May 2020|
|Last Date to pay application fee Online||25 May 2020|
|Last Date of BPSC Application Process Online||2 June 2020|
|Last Date of receiving the Hard Copy & All Proof Documents though Speed Post/ Registered Post at BPSC Registered Office||10 June 2020 Till 5:00 PM|
|BPSC AE Admit Card 2020||To be notified soon|
|BPSC AE Exam Date||To be notified soon|
Note1: The link for Online Payment of Application Fee will be available to the applicant by 11:00 AM on the next day after his registration process is completed
Note2: The Link for Online Application Form will be available to the applicant by 11:00 AM on the next day after the Application Fee payment and the same link will be active till 25 may 2020.
BPSC AE Exam Pattern 2020:
|Name of Test||Type Of Paper||Duration||Marks|
|General English||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|General Hindi||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|General Studies||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|General Engineering Science||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering – 1||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
|Civil Engineering/Mechanical/Electrical – 2||Objective||1 Hour||100 Marks|
- Questions will be asked in Objective Multiple Choice format
- Duration for each subject is 1 hour
- Each paper is of 100 marks
- General Hindi and General English are qualifying in nature; candidates need to score minimum of 30 marks in both the paper to qualify for the selection.
- Candidates compulsorily need to obtain minimum qualifying marks to pass the exam
BPSC AE Syllabus 2020:
|Paper 1: General English (Qualifying)||1. Reading Comprehension
2. Fill in the Blanks
3. Cloze Test
4. Sentence Improvement
5. One Word Substitution
6. Error Detection
7. Direct and Indirect Speech
8. Active and Passive Voice
9. Jumbled Sentence
10. Sentence Rearrangement
|Paper 2: General Hindi (Qualifying)||1. Reading Comprehension
2. Fill in the Blanks
3. Hindi Grammar
|Paper 3: General Studies||1. The topics and experiences related to current events and daily observations and their scientific aspects will be included.
2. Scientific, Social, Economic and Political aspects and such auspicious and innovative changes in them which is important for technical aspects in different subjects of engineering. Inclusive engineering science will be of importance, Static GK, Awards & Honours, Currencies & Capitals
|Paper 4: General Engineering Science||
1. Engineering Mechanics- Simple application of equilibrium equation, equation of motion, work, power, Energy.
2. Surveying and Measurements- Distance and area measurement, measurement of direction and angle measurement of slopes, elevation and height, common surveying instruments, electrical measuring equipments like ammeter, voltmeter, charge meter, insulation tester, energy meter and their working principles, mechanical measuring instruments, linear and angular measurement, straightness, flatness and roundness measurement.
3. Mechanic of solids- generalised stress, strain and relationship, transformation of stress, strain energy, analysis of beams, columns and shafts, unsymmetrical bending, theories of failure.
4. Engineering materials and constructions- bricks, lime, cement, aggregate, cast iron and steel, Non- ferrous metals, timber, paints and miscellaneous engineering materials, testing of engineering materials, consideration in construction of masonry floors and walls.
5. Engineering economy and management- Principles of engineering economy, project, planning, CPM and PERT techniques, construction equipments and safety, analysis of rates of important construction items.
6. Transport phenomenon- Laminar and turbulent flow, concept of boundary layer, continuity equation, Bernoulli’s theorem, energy equation, flow measurement , dimensional analysis and modelling, 1-D, steady state heat conduction through single and composite bodies, Natural and forced convection heat transfer, concept of thermal boundary layer, Stefan-Boltzmann law of radiation, Kirchhoff’s law, concept of black and grey bodies.
9. Environmental engineering- water pollution and purification, wastewater treatment, air pollution and its control, ecological balance.
|Paper 5: Civil 1||
A. Structure Analysis: Determency & stability, Internal & External Force & deflection, analysis of statically determinate & indeterminate structure beam, truss, frame & arches, structural theorem – stiffness and flexibility method, matrix method, elastic stability of column, influence line diagram for determinate and indeterminate structure, plastic analysis of beam & slab.
B. Structure Design:
C. Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering: Origin of Soils, Solids-Water-Air Relationships and Index properties of Soil, Classification of soils, Soil Structures & Clay minerals, Soil Compaction, Principles of effective stress and permeability, seepage through soils, vertical stress below applied loads, consolidation, Shear strength of Soils, Stability of slopes, Earth pressure and retaining walls, bearing capacity, pile foundations, well foundations, machine foundations, Expansive Soils, Soil Stabilization
|Paper 6: Civil 2||D. Hydrology, Water Resources & Irrigation : Hydrologic Cycle, (Precipitation & Abstractions from Precipitation)Run Off , Use of Hydrographs, Formula Used, Ground Water Hydrology, Management of Surface water & underground water, (Principles of Irrigation Engineering) Irrigation Engg theory, Water requirement for crops.
Description of irrigation work (Methods of Irrigation), (Flood control)reason for flood, Damage & Control, River Training Works, (Water Logging & Its Control) drainage of surface & underground water, channel design, General principles of (Hydro) Water Power Engineering.
E. Open Channel Flow: Description, (Energy Equation, Momentum Equation)The principles of energy & momentum, Gradually varied Flow, Rapidly Varied Flow, Hydraulics Of Mobile Bed Channels, sediment transport.
|Paper 5: Mechanical 1||A. Thermodynamics: Laws of thermodynamics, Properties of ideal gases and vapours, Vapour Power Cycles, Gas Power Cycles, Gas Turbine cycles, Fuels and combustion.
B. Internal combustion Engine: Compression Ignition (CI ) Engines and Spark Ignition (SI) Engines, Detonation, Fuel injection and carburetion, Engine Performance and testing, Turbo-jet engine and Turboprop Engine, Rocket Engine, Introduction of Nuclear Power plant and nuclear fuel
C. Steam Boiler: Engine Nozzle and steam turbine, modern boiler, Types of steam boiler, flow of steam through nozzles, Velocity diagram for impulse and reaction turbines, efficiencies and governing.
D. Gas Turbine (Power Plant Engg): Compressors, gas dynamics and gas turbines, Reciprocating, centrifugal and axial flow compressors, Velocity diagrams, efficiency and performatic effect Mach number on flow, Isentropic flow, Normal shocks and flow through nozzles, gas turbine cycles with multi-stage compressing, reheating and regeneration.
E. Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and air-conditioning: Modes of heat transfer: Conduction, convection and radiation, Heat exchangers, Types of heat exchangers, combined heat transfer, Overall heat transfer coefficient, refrigeration and heat pump operations, Refrigeration systems, Co-efficient of performance, Psychrometric, Psychrometric charts, air conditioning systems, cooling and dehumidification methods.
F. FM & HM: Properties and classifications of fluids, fluid statics, kinematics and dynamics, , principles and applications, manometry and buoyancy, flow of ideal fluids, laminar and turbulent flows, boundary layer theories, flow over flat plates, flow through pipes and open channels, dimensional analysis and similitude technique,
Non-dimensional specific speed and classification of fluid machines in general, Energy transfer relation, performance and operation of pump, Impulse and reaction water turbines, and hydrodynamic power transmission.
|Paper 6: Mechanical 2||A. Theory of Machines: Velocity and acceleration 1. Of moving bodies, 2. Machines Klein’s construction, Inertia forces in machines, cams, gears and gearing, fly wheels and governors, balancing of rotating and reciprocating masses, free and forced vibrations of the systems, critical speeds and whirling of shafts.
B. Machine designs: design of joints, threaded fasteners, power screws, keys, cotter-joints, coupling joints, welded joints, transmission system, belts, chain drives, wire ropes, shafts
Gear sliding and rolling bearings.
C. Strength of materials: stress and strain in two dimensions, Mohr’s circle, relation between elastic constants.
Beams- bending moment and shear force and deflection, shafts; combined bending, direct and torsional stresses, thick walls cylinders, spheres under pressure, springs, struts and columns, theories of failures.
D. Engineering materials- alloys and alloying materials, heat treatment, composition, properties and uses, plastics and other engineering materials.
E. Production Engineering- metal machining, cutting tools, tool materials, matter and machinability, measurement of cutting forces, process, machining, grinding, drilling, manufacturing, metal forming, metal casting and joining, basics, special purpose, programme and numerically controlled machine tools, jigs and fixtures.
F. Industrial engineering-work study and work measurements, wage incentives, design of production system and product cost, principles of plants, production planning and control, material handling, operation research, linear programming, queueing theory, engineering network analysis, CPM, PERT, Uses of computers.
BPSC AE Important Links:
BPSC – AE – 2020 – Syllabus Civil/Mechanical:
- PDF Download BPSC AE Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Detailed Syllabus 2020
- For Further Details Connect to BPSC Website @ http://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in
- For BPSC – AE – 2020 Notification click on http://www.bpsc.bih.nic.in/Advt/NB-2020-04-30-04.pdf