1. Why I have to join ACE academy? What are the strengths of ACE academy?
ACE academy is established 1995 with an initial strength of 4 students.
Sri. Y.V.Gopala Krishna Murthy the founder of ACE academy, himself is a teacher in Engineering.
He did his masters from NIT Warangal. He was selected for several jobs including Engineering Services Examination conducted by UPSC in 1989. He developed a team of subject experts (5 to 6) to teach each subject in every branch of Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics &Communication, Computer Science & Information Technology, Instrumentation, Production Engineering) including Mathematics, English & General Studies. ACE has a separate team of subject experts for content development also. With this structured professional practices, the students of ACE are very much successful in all competitive exams like ESE, GATE, PSUs, JTO, TRANSCO, GENCO, DISCOMs, PSC etc. The academy secured top ranks in all these exams.
- The faculty are highly experienced and relevant to the competitive exams
- The study material is very much relevant to the particular exam
- The test series will be probabilistic based with chances of similar questions in exams
- The faculty are accessible for doubt clearance
- We are ready with revised pattern of ESE-2017
- We take care of any change in syllabus for any exam.
Our results speak what we are
2. ACE Academy is the best institute in Hyderabad. Will it maintain the same quality at other
Yes. All the centres are owned by the company. Hence the centres are monitored directly by the Head office.
The well-trained and experienced faculty of ACE will take classes in all our centres. Regular feedback of the students / suggestions of the subject experts / issues related to the particular region are addressed / considered for the better sake of the student community.
In case the issues of the students are not properly tackled by the administration at the respective centre, the students can directly contact the head office through mail for necessary help.
3. Is ACE Academy best for EC/EE only?
No. ACE is the best, better than the best for all streams such as civil, mechanical, electrical,electronics, computer science, instrumentation and production engineering. Our results will reflect the same. For all those branches, we have the best faculty.
4. What are the possibilities of subject break in class? Or will the subject be completed in one stretch?
Generally, if a subject is started, it will be completed in one stretch. However, in certain lengthy subjects it will be completed in two stretches. In fact it is better for students also, so that the student can come prepared for the next session.
5. Are the centers established in different cities owned by ACE or Franchises?
All centers are owned by the company. We don’t have franchises in India
6. Is ACE Academy best for GATE Exam only?
ACE academy is best for GATE
………………. better than best for IES.
Our results is a witness for it.
7. Can student trust ACE Academy in Delhi, Bhopal, Patna, Lucknow, Pune, Chennai, Tirupati, Bangalore, as the academy is newly established?
Yes. You can trust 100%. Our centers are not franchises. They are part of our family similar to Hyderabad and other places. They are directly monitored by the Head Office at Hyderabad under the guidance of the Chairman and Managing Director. We offer the best possible guidance and service to our students at all other centers.
8. Will the institute provide Videos, e-Lectures and Tabs?
No. However we are planning to introduce center based video classes for some of the subjects.Video solutions will be provided for test series. Tabs will not be provided.
9. Is it sufficient to study the materials given by the ACE or do we have to refer any other material?
The study material provided by ACE, the class notes given by our faculty and test series conducted by ACE, are generally sufficient. You need to thoroughly practice the question bank given, the previous years’ questions and the expected questions solved by teacher in the class. Thorough revision of the subjects is highly recommended.
10. Can you conduct the classes related to the universities semester syllabus so that it can be useful for academics?
We conduct the classes to cover the syllabus of GATE / ESE. The order in which the subjects covered can be anything, depending upon the convenience. If you require any particular subject to be covered before your university exam, you can request our center head. If possible , it can be arranged accordingly.
11. Will the tests be conducted regularly according to the topics completed in each subject?
The online test series contains different tests like chapter-wise, subject-wise, Grand test for each subject and full length mock tests. (The details of all the tests are uploaded in our website under test series icon) As and when a particular chapter or group of chapters or subject is completed, the student can choose the appropriate test from the test series uploaded in our website and write the test.
12. Will this coaching be also useful for college academics?
Yes. The subjects taught in GATE & IES are useful for college or university exams also.
For every center, provide the basic pattern of GATE and ESE along with the tentative dates.
13. New Batch details for IES, GATE, GENCO, and AEE: (If not announced)?
The batch date details of GATE, ESE, AEE, other courses will be uploaded in our website along with all details like fee, scheduled date of commencement, completion time etc., Please check the respective web pages on our website.
- It is also published in leading newspapers.
- Will be updated in Facebook
- We will intimate by call/ Emails (If details are given).
14. Special Batches for Employees
For APGENCO, TSPSC …. etc
Special batches in the morning and evening sessions will be arranged (available presently). However in case exam date is preponed classes will be conducted in day time for which employees have to cooperate. (Sun, & Public Holiday, Extra hours for about 8 to 10 hours will be conducted).
You have to join either college goers batches or weekend batches, however depending upon the progress of the syllabus extra hours may be planned after semester exams holidays of collage goers. (Sat, Sun, & Public Holiday, Extra hours for about 8 to 10 hours will be conducted).
15. Which is best to do first: A job and then studying M.Tech or Completing M.Tech and then going for Job?
If you get a good job of your choice, it may be better joining the job first. Thereafter, you may do M.Tech through sponsorship from your organisation if available. If you don’t get a good job, then join M.Tech in premier institutes like IISc / IITs / NITs etc., You may get good jobs through campus placements from these premier institutions.
You are the best person to take decision in this regard, depending upon your economical back ground and other compelling reasons.
16. Regarding materials, are they updated or not?
The study material and test series are updated regularly keeping in view the main examination requirements.
1. What is GATE? Who will conduct it?
It is a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by a Joint Committee of IISc, Bangalore and other IITs every year in January / February. It is a computer online test.
a. What is GATE’s importance?
b. What are the opportunities after doing Engineering and GATE?
The score/rank obtained is useful for
- Higher education ME/M.Tech in India. A stipend of Rs. 12400/- to be given to all those who qualify in GATE and join ME/M.Tech in any college
- Direct Ph.D in IITs with stipend of Rs. 28,000.
- Getting job in several Maharatna, Miniratna and Navaratna PSUs.
- Jobs in scientific organizations like BARC/DRDO etc.
- L & T – Build India Scholarship by doing M.Tech in construction management in IIT Chennai, IIT
Delhi, NIT Trichy, NIT Suratkal and also get a job after completion of M.Tech. (For Civil, Mechanical, Electrical streams).
- Admissions in some of the foreign universities in Singapore, Switzerland, Malaysia, and Germany
(Example: Nanyang technical university in Singapore.
- Management Programme at NITIE, Mumbai (PGDIE)
PGDIE (Equivalent to MBA)
- Provides methodologies and systematic approaches to deal with diverse industrial challenges
- Develops students with cross- functional skills.
The programme covers a variety of courses covering the areas of
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- IT and Systems
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management.
- The average salary is around Rs.13.5Lacs. The highest salary up to Rs. 25 Lacs.
- Fellowship program – IIMs
- The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is the doctoral programme of the IIMs.
- The objective of this programme is to provide students with necessary skills to identify and research complex issues in the field of management.
- List of IIMs that accept GATE score for FPM admissions.
|IIM Ahmedabad||IIM Calcutta||IIM Bangalore|
|IIM Lucknow||IIM Kozhikode||IIM Indore|
|IIM Shilong||IIM Rohtak||IIM Ranchi|
|IIM Raipur||IIM Tiruchirappalli|
- Specializations that accept GATE score for FPM admissions.
|Behaviour sciences||Human Resource Management||Management Information Systems|
|Operations research and systems analysis||Production and Quantitative Methods||Information Systems|
|Information Technology & Systems||Innovation and Management in Education||Personnel and Industrial Relations|
|Public Systems||Quantitative Methods & Operations Management||Strategic management|
3. Eligibility for GATE exam?
Final year students/passed out students in Engineering or equivalent.
Pre-final students of five year dual degree course are also eligible.
M.Sc Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc. are also eligible.
B.E/B.Tech from any university recognized by AICTE/UGC is eligible (full time or part time).
4. Age limit for GATE exam
There is no age Limit.
5. Is there any limit on number of attempts?
No limit on number of attempts
6. For how many years the score is valid?
GATE score is valid for three years for higher education.
7. Whether GATE preparation is useful for other competitive exams
GATE preparation is useful for competitive exams like,
- JTO, ISRO, SAIL, Vizag Steel, BARC, CSIR, BEL, & various other exams of public sector which conduct their own exam.
- Useful for state public service commission exams in India.
- Useful for stage- I (Prelims) of Engineering service exams conducted by UPSC.
- Useful for Exam in Electricity departments like GENCO, TRANSCO & DISCOMS.
- Useful for Posts of Lecturers in Polytechnics.
- Useful to face technical interviews in on campus/ off campus placements.
- Also useful for BE/B.Tech university exams
8. Is there any chance of getting jobs in private sector with GATE rank/score?
In private sector they have their own pattern of exam. However, if you have a valid GATE score, in interviews you may be given advantage.
9. I am not interested in higher education, and then what is the use of GATE preparation?
- Though you are not interested in pursuing higher studies like ME / M.Tech, the GATE
preparation is very useful as follows.
- Though you are not interested in pursuing higher studies like ME / M.Tech, the GATE
preparation is very useful as follows.
- If you get a good GATE score, with that you can join jobs in PSUs. The PSUs pay hefty
salary package up to Rs. 12 lakhs per annum.
- The GATE preparation is very useful for IES exam and the GATE preparation provides
a good foundation for IES as follows.
- In revised scheme of IES (Engineering Services) announced by UPSC recently,
the exam has three stages.
- Stage 1: In this stage (prelims) the exam is purely objective pattern.Engineering subjects, Engineering mathematics & reasoning are also
included, hence the GATE preparation is nearly 70% of IES preliminary exam
- Stage 2: The foundation on the subject built in stage 1, is useful for conventional (Mains) of IES.
- Stage 3: Interview
- The syllabus of JTO and various other PSUs is similar to GATE exam.
- Hence GATE preparation is very useful for those exams also.
10. I belong to B.Tech Computer Science. My seniors say that GATE is useless for computer science. Please clarify?
You may get a job in software companies in service sectors, in packages of Rs. 2.5 L to 3.6 L per annum. If you do your M.Tech in premier institutes like IITs, IISc, NITs, IIITs, Central universities and other good government engineering colleges, the salary packages may range from Rs. 6.0 L to 18 L per annum which is really respected.
Software jobs are of two types.
- Service Sector in which students of all branches, EE, EC, E & T, IN, ME, CE etc., are eligible apart from CS & IT students. The salary packages will be around Rs. 3 lakhs. You can verify from your seniors in service sector, a student will be selected based on results of General Aptitude, Communication skills. Strength of computer science subject may not be evaluated in depth.
- Product based companies: The salary packages of product based companies start from Rs. 6 lakhs to even above 1 crore per annum. They mainly focus on core computer science subjects like Data Structures, DBMS, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Computer Organization, Discrete Maths, Theory of Automata & Compiler Design along with coding.Once you prepare seriously for GATE exam, these concepts will be crystal clear. On this foundation you build, by GATE preparation, you can get jobs through off campus in various MNCs.
Remember “A war never goes waste”
11. I am an average student. Can I crack GATE?
Our experience with thousands of students shown that
- You can crack if you prepare systematically with strategy.
- Even B.Tech second class students cracked GATE with good score/rank and joined premier institutes like IITs/NITs
- Past is Past. Have a proper plan of action. Our subject experts will guide you systematically till the last minute. Persistence is the Habit of success. Work, Work …… Work ….. you are sure to be the winner.
12. What score should be targeted to get an admission in IIT/NIT?
Based on score:
We all know the jobs in majority of the PSUs are through GATE rank/score. Due to this more number of repeaters are writing GATE exams. Also the aspirants of Engineering Services and civil services are
also seriously writing GATE. They don’t join M.Tech in premier institutes like IIT/NITs. Hence majority of the toppers are not trying for higher education.
In view of this,
- Rank upto 500 may get seat in IITs Directly. (In general category)
- Rank upto 1500 may get seat through written test/interview (In general category)
- Rank upto 3000 may get seat in NITs. (In general category)
Details will be given in our website and counselling sessions also will be conducted after GATE results, for the benefit of students.
Note: For reservation categories, even with slightly higher rank admissions are possible
13. GATE exam pattern?
|Time allowed||3 hrs|
Subject wise Marks
|General Aptitude||15 Marks|
|Engineering Mathematics||12-15 Marks|
|Respective Engineering Discipline||70-73 marks|
Type of questions : One Mark Questions: 30 Two Mark Questions: 35
*33% Negative marks only for MCQs , No negative marks for Numerical answer type questions
14. Cut off marks?
GATE 2018 cut off marks
|Cut off Marks to Qualify in GATE-2018 (out of 100)|
15. When Is the GATE notification released?
Generally in the month of September
16. At what time the exam is conducted and when results are come.
GATE Exam is conducted in the last week of January and first week of February.
Results will be declared in the third week of March.
17. What are the parameters for cut-off marks in GATE exam?
The cut off marks are fixed by the GATE organizing committee depending upon the number of candidates appeared in the exam, the marks scored by the students, the number of seats available in ME/ M.Tech etc., the cut off marks vary year by year. Ranks based on marks secured and normalisation of various sets.
Roughly 14-15 % of students will be qualified. Accordingly cut-off will be decided.
18. How and at what time the counselling is conducted after getting GATE score to get admissions in colleges.
There is no centralised counselling for IISc/ IITs. Each IIT issues notification separately for M.Tech admissions in the month of February, March, April etc., Students shall visit the websites of the respective IITs and apply. However, for NITs, there is centralised counselling through CCMT (common counselling for M.Tech). Counselling / interviews are held from April to June depending upon the institution. In IISc and IITs the class work generally begins from July onwards.
IITs: Generally in the month of May / June
NITs : June / July (CCMT)
19. What is the marks criterion to get M.Tech seats in university affiliated, state and central level colleges, IITS, NITS and IISC Bangalore?
Score is the criteria. Some IITs / NITs may insist first class in engineering degree for M. Tech
20. Can students crack GATE in first attempt? How do we need to study or practice?
Yes absolutely possible.
Final years shall start their preparation at least nine months to one year prior to GATE Exam. Shall have conceptual clarity on all topics. Regular 3to 4 hours of focussed preparation. Periodical revision of subjects. Practicing online simulation tests. Self confidence and balanced mind.
You can crack GATE in first attempt if you study systematically with strategy. Our institute will guide you how to crack in first attempt. You can also watch video on our website on “how to crack GATE / IES in first attempt.
21. Whether the syllabus prescribed for GATE is covered completely or not? for both technical and non-technical subjects?
The entire syllabus of GATE, both technical and nontechnical will be covered by our team of expert faculty members.
1. What is ESE exam?
It is Engineering Services Examination, conducted by UPSC to recruit Engineers into Govt. of India Engineering departments
The exam is conducted in CE, ME, EE and E&T streams
New pattern for ESE 2018:
- ESE Prelims -(Stage – I) will be conducted in the moth of 06th January, 2019
- ESE Mains – (Stage – II) will conducted in the month of 30th June, 2019
Final year students also eligible to appear
No limit on number of attempts but age limit is prescribed.
2. Why ESE exam is more popular and competitive?
Most sought after career opportunity for Engineers
Wide scope for application of technical knowledge
Great opportunity to serve nation wide
Secured Central Government Job.
3. Level of competition in ESE exam?
Number of vacancies about 600. Number of applicants will be 2.5 lacs. Only 30 % of the students i.e.about 80000 students will attempt. Approximately 20000 students are serious and focussed.
4. Eligibility criteria for ESE?
Eligibility criteria for ESE
Nationality : A candidate must be a citizen of India
Age : 21-30 years on 01st January of the year of Exam. (Up to maximum of five years for SC / ST category, Up to maximum of three years for OBC category )
A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent
M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
5. Scheme of Examination?
UPSC Announced 3 Stage Pattern for ESE – 2018
|STAGE – I||Engineering Services (Preliminary)
Exam (Objective type papers)
|Marks / Duration|
|Paper I (Common for All Candidates)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper||Duration: 2 hours Marks: 200 (Max)|
|Paper-II||Engineering discipline – Specific Paper
|Duration: 3 hours
Marks: 300 (Max)
|STAGE – I||Sub – Total||500 Marks (Max)|
|Minimum Qualifying Marks for each Paper should be at the discretion of the commission Only those candidates qualifying at this Stage to be permitted to appear for Stage – II examination|
|STAGE – II||Engineering Services (Mains/stage – II)
Examination (Conventional type papers)
|Marks / Duration|
|Paper I||Engineering discipline – Specific
Paper – I (CE/ME/EE/E&T)
|Duration: 3 hours
Marks: 300 (Max)
|Paper-II||Engineering discipline – Specific Paper
– II (CE/ME/EE/E&T)
|Duration: 3 hours
Marks: 300 (Max)
|Stage – II||Sub – Total||600 Marks (Max)|
|Stages – I + II||Total||1100 Marks (Max)|
|Only those Candidates qualifying at this stage (i.e. Stage – I + Stage – II) to be permitted to appear
for Stage – III examination
|Stage – III|
|Stage- III||Personality Test||Marks: 200 (Max.)|
|Stage – I + II + III||Grand Total||Marks: 1300 (Max.)|
6. Cut off and topper marks in ESE?
Minimum Cut-off Marks for Appointment (ESE 2017)
|Branch||Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate
(Out of 1300 marks)
|General||OBC||SC||ST||PH – 1||PH – 3|
All India 1st Ranker Marks in ESE – 2017
|Electronics & Telecommunication
However in the revised pattern it may change.
7. If I opt for ESE, when can my syllabus be completed as per revised pattern of ESE?
To know the details of schedule of ESE batches as per revised pattern (2017 onwards), please visit our website. ( Home page → ESE→ New Batches)
1. What type of faculty ACE provides?
- Highly qualified Professors
- Previous ESE, GATE toppers
- Faculty with experience in teaching competitive exams in engineering
- Highly passionate towards teaching
- Cordial and friendly towards students
- Full time and part time faculty with experience
- Faculty with real time, practical experience
2. ACE Academy is the best institute in Hyderabad. Will it maintain the same quality at other centers also?
- Yes. All the centers are owned by the company. Hence the centers are monitored directly by the Head office.
- The well-trained and experienced faculty of ACE will take classes in all our centers. Regular feedback of the students / suggestions of the subject experts / issues related to the particular region are addressed / considered for the better sake of the student community.
- In case the issues of the students are not properly tackled by the administration at the respective center, the students can directly contact the head office through mail for necessary help.
a. Are all faculties are coming from Hyderabad?
b. Is there any difference between the faculty of ACE Hyderabad and other ACE centers?
c. Are the Faculty come from ACE Hyderabad. What about their teaching Experience and Qualification.
d. Are the Faculty same in all the branches?
- ACE has a team of subject experts located at Hyderabad and Delhi. These faculty will be taking classes at all our centers. In certain centers of North India some of the students are demanding the faculty who can understand Hindi. In these situations, we try our level best to accommodate the same.
- Best faculty of ACE will teach at all over centers.
- For every subject we have 6 to 8 well experienced, highly rated faculty members are available. These faculty members will be sharing the classes the depending upon the convenience
- Only one teacher cannot teach for every batch in India.
4. Will student face language problem in class because maximum faculties are from Hyderabad?
- No. Majority of our faculty use very simple English. Further majority of them can understand Hindi. ACE has team of subject experts located at Hyderabad and Delhi. These faculties will be taking classes at all our centers. In certain centers some of the students are demanding the faculty who can understand Hindi. In these situations, we try our level best to accommodate the same.
5. After completion of any subject, how students will get clear their doubts cleared further? How students can interact with the faculty to clarify their doubts?
- Our faculty will stay during coaching, in the same place. The students are free to approach them for doubt clearing. Further you can send by mail your doubt. We clear your doubts at the earliest. We are also planning to clear the doubts through skype facility at various centers.
6. What is the duration for TRANSCO/GENCO/DISCOMS/PSC/AEE?
- Depending upon the date of exam.
- Number of hours depends upon the exam and syllabus.
7. Whether the teaching will be provided from the basics level or not for them to understand easily?
The faculty of ACE can understand the standards of students in a batch in no time. Accordingly, they deliver the lecture. A teacher is for everybody. Hence we teach from basics to the depth required for a particular exam.
Fee & Mode of payment
1. What are the various modes of payment?
Payment can be made in the following forms:
- By DD
- By ICICI Bank challan
- By Online payment
- By swipe machine
- By cash
We don’t advice payment by cash.
2. Different fees structure for GATE/IES why?
The syllabus of IES exam is about 30% more than that of GATE syllabus. For IES coaching general studies and Engineering Aptitude and some other technical subjects are added. Both objective and conventional questions are to be explained in the class. Hence for IES coaching the number of hours and the study material are on higher side compared to that of GATE. Hence the fee for IES is slightlymore than that of GATE.
3. Is DD conformation link available on website?
Yes, It is available.
4. Material fee is separate or including the fee?
The Fees includes the cost of study material.
5. Why the fee in ACE Academy is different compared to other Institutes?
- Our faculty are the best subjects experts with vast experience and highly qualified.
- The number of hours of class room coaching are more at ACE as our faculty deal the subjects in detail from basics to advance level.
- The study material is of high quality, prepared by the subject experts.
- Our test series is prepared by specialists.
- Our faculty have to come from Hyderabad and other places to Patna/Lucknow/Bhopal/Delhi by flights. Further the cost of living will add. Further there is no proper connectivity to Patna, Bhopal.
- Free post GATE counselling guidance
- Free Interview guidance
- Hence our fees may be slightly more.
Class Timings, Duration of batches
1. What is the duration for the coaching for long-term & short-term and Weekend & Regular batch students and what about completion of course?
- For GATE Batches:
- The number of hours for GATE class room coaching is 600 +, depending upon the stream. Accordingly the number of days WILL depend.
- For passed out students (regular batches) considering five hours effective per day after deducting breaks, 120 days are required. Considering weekly off, festival holidays, national holidays etc. approximately 5 months from the date of commencement of the batch are required. In case of electrical engineering, due to vast syllabus, it may take 5.5 months.
- For college goers, morning / evening, with extra classes on Sundays, public holidays etc.
approximately 6 months.
- For weekend batches, 7 to 8 months are required.
- For short term batches summer crash / winter crash batches, 500+ hours are required. Hence it may take about 50- 60 days assuming 10 hours average per day.
- For ESE Batches:
- Stage –I: The number of hours for ESE class room coaching for stage- I ( Prelims) are 900+ , depending upon the stream. Accordingly the number of days will depend.
- For passed out students (regular batches) considering six to seven hours effective per day after deducting breaks, 150 days are required. Considering weekly off, festival
holidays, national holidays etc. approximately 6 months from the date of commencement of the batch are required.
- For college goers, morning / evening, with extra classes on Sundays, public holidays etc. approximately 8 months.
- For weekend batches, 8 to 9 months are required. Depending upon coverage of syllabus, extra classes on public holidays and other days with prior notice are required.
- Stage – II: after stage –I exam 250 to 300+ hours are arranged for long answer conventional questions. It may take six to seven weeks for regular students considering 6 hours per day. For weekend batches, classes will be arranged on weekend and public holidays (and Other days, If required.)
2. short term batches at Branches:
Short term batches are available @ Hyderabad & Delhi.
3. I am a college goer. What type of batches do you recommend?
If your college is far away from any of our centres (say 10 to 100 km) you can choose weekend batch. If it is within 10 km, better choose morning or evening batch.
4. Whether the syllabus will be covered in-time.
Yes. According to the number of hours required for a particular stream, Program ( GATE/ ESE) & batch.
5. Ending date for Batches?
All the batches will be concluded within the specified period of time.
However in the following situations there may be some delay.
- Due to strikes, agitations the working days are lost.
- Postponement of university exams etc.
- Increase of syllabus or pattern suddenly.
PSUs & Other Exams
1. How PSUs do their recruitment?
PSUs recruit in the following ways:
- Through GATE score + GD/ psychometric test / group Task + Interview
- By conducting their own exam + GD/ psychometric test / group Task + Interview
- Some public sectors through NET score
a. How many years is the score valid for higher education and PSU’s.
b. If the students do any private jobs or jobs in any Non Gate related PSU’s will the score will be valid for 3 years? Or 3 years for higher education and 1 year for PSU’s selection?
- GATE score is valid for 3 years for higher education ( M.Tech / Ph.D)
- For PSUs it depends upon the type of PSU. Majority of PSUs consider the latest score card. DRDO is considering two years score cards.
a. When and how should the students apply for PSU’s?
b. When do PSU’s start releasing notifications? Will the academy provide complete information about this?
c. Procedure for PSU’s interview call?
- GATE based PSUs will release the notification either before or after GATE exam. Based on GATE score, you will be called for interview.
- Non GATE related PSUs will have their own notifications. Based on the performance in the written exam, you will be called for interview.
- Depending upon the details required / deadlines one has to apply. However, we upload in our facebook page about various notifications. We display at our center display boards.
4. Which branch has highest possibility to get jobs in PSU’s? Many PSUs look mainly for Civil / Mechanical students. Clarify whether these students have more vacancies in PSU’s.
- Generally Mechanical department students will have more opportunities. However students of all branches have opportunity in PSUs including CSIT.
|Branch||PSUs Through GATE and Independent Exams||Total No. of PSUs|
|Civil||BARC, BSPHCL, CONCOR, DDA, DMRC, GSECL, HPCL, IOCL, IRCON, KRIBHCO, MECON, MRVC, NALCO, NBCC, NHAI, NHPC, NLC, NTPC, ONGC, OPGC, RVNL, RITES, THDC, GSECL, PGCIL, IOCL,
L&T, DRDO, HAL
|Mechanical||BARC, BEL, BHEL, BNPML, BPCL, CEL, CIL,
CONCOR, DDA, DMRC, DVC, GAIL, GSECL, HPCL, IOCL, IRCON, KRIBHCO, MDL, MECL, MECON, NALCO, NFL, NHPC, NLC, NTPC, ONGC, OPGC, RITES, THDC, L&T , DRDO, BEML. HAL, MDSL, ECIL, SAIL
|Electrical||AAI, BARC, BBNL, BHEL, BNPML, BPCL, BSPHCL, CEL, CIL, DDA, DMRC, DVC, GAIL, GSECL, HPCL, IOCL, IRCON, KRIBHCO, MDL, NALCO, NFL, NHPC, ONGC, OPGC, PGCIL, PSPCL, RITES, RVNL, THDC, WBSEDCL, DVC, DRDO, BEML, HAL, HPGCL, MDSL, L&T, BSNL, SAIL||38|
|Electronics||AAI, BARC, BBNL, BEL, BNPML, BPCL, CEL, DMRC, DVC, HPCL, IOCL, IRCON, KRIBHCO, NALCO,NLC, NTPC, ONGC, RITES, RVNL, WBSEDCL, DRDO, BEML, CABINET SECRETARIAT, BSNL, ECIL, HAL.||25|
|Instrumentation||BARC, BEL, BPCL, DMRC, DVC, GAIL, IOCL,
IRCON, KRIBHCO, NALCO, NFL, NLC, NTPC, ONGC, OPGC, DRDO, BSNL, SAIL.
|CSIT||BARC, BBNL, BEL, CONCOR, DMRC, DVC, GSECL, IOCL, KRIBHCO, NLC, ONGC, NTPC, PGCIL, DRDO, BSNL, ECIL.||16|
5. How much academic aggregate has to be maintained to get into PSU’s.
Majority of the PSUs are asking for 60% for general category.
6. Students aged above 26 years have doubts whether they have possibility to get into PSU’s.
Some PSUs have the age limits up to 30 also.
7. If the students are attending interviews for PSUs, Will the Academy provide guidance for the interview?
Postal Coaching FAQs
1. Branch wise separate book list along with price for Postal coaching and other published books?
Is being updated in our website.
2. I am financially poor I can’t take class room coaching what advice will you give?
Choose our postal coaching with which online test series is also free. It comes with reasonable cost.
3. Postal Coaching Details?
- The Study Material will be dispatched in about 3 instalments
- Free Online Test Series
- Tips on how to use the Study Material
- Subject wise & Chapter wise
- Relevant Synopsis (Theory)
- Objective Questions (Worked out and self –practice)
- Previous Questions & Solutions including General Aptitude & English.
4. Sale of material for non ACE students at Branches?
Previous questions and solutions will be available at all our centres with 25% discount.
Rest of the material is available through our postal coaching mode addressed to our head office.
Test series FAQs – offline, online test series
1. Whether online test series for GATE is useful.
Certainly, very useful. Now main GATE exam is computer based test with virtual calculator. Without proper practice of online tests with virtual calculator, even if you have sufficient knowledge, you may not effectively perform in the main exam. Remember virtual calculator is
not programmable. You should know method of substitution /elimination where ever higher order equations are to be solved, using virtual calculator. Our online test series provides sufficient practice and simulation of the main exam.
Our GATE online tests will have
→ Chapter wise test
→ Subject wise test
→ Multiple subject wise test
→ Full length Mock tests
The above questions are based on research and using probability approach by our subject experts, GATE/IES toppers, Professors from premier institutes, etc
a. Online and offline exam details?
b. About exam details: online/offline, how many tests and ranking
These details are provided in our website well before the commencement of the test series. The students are advised to be in touch with our website for latest updates on the test series.
The test series for GATE will comprise of 65 + tests and for ESE it comprises of 32 + Tests. For all these tests All India rank will be provided.
3. What is Pre-GATE exam? What are the benefits?
It is a center based online mock GATE exam conducted in the similar pattern of original GATE.
ACE has the technological support of TCS ION, to conduct preGATE exam throughout India in various centers simultaneously. The results will have detailed analytics such as
- All India Ranking
- Standard of a Question
- Time taken by a student in comparison to other students
- Analysis of the questions
- Environment similar to original GATE exam
- Results are comparable to original GATE Exam
- Student will get rid of exam phobia
- Use of virtual calculator similar to the original GATE exam
4. Can Parents know about the regular tests and online tests results regarding the students marks, position and their performance?
The results of the regular offline tests are displayed in our notice boards. The result of the online tests is available in the individual accounts of the students.
Hostel Facility FAQs – Hostel related
1. Please provide details about hostel facility at ACE?
Nearby private hostel facilities will be available at all our centers.
The rate will depend on the facilities. The student can choose depending on their affordability and choice.
We do not have our own hostels. But our center staff will help you with nearby hostel information.
Student Hostel Information
The following is the list of private hostels located close to ACE Academy. The students are requested to visit the hostels personally before joining.
There are so many private hostels available nearby our classrooms for Boys and Girls. We don’t have any tie-up with the hostel and we don’t have any responsibility for the accommodation and food related issues. Kindly visit the hostels and take decision.
For any query related to hostel facilities, please call us: 07838971777