IB ACIO 2020 examination will be conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to select eligible candidates to the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II/ Executive (IB ACIO Grade-II/ Executive) in Intelligence Bureau. IB ACIO Grade-II/ Executive is considered as a premium job opportunity in Intelligence Bureau. It is General Central Service, Group ‘C’ (Non-gazetted, NonMinisterial) post.
MHA has announced 2000 vacancies for the post of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer Grade-II/ Executive in Intelligence Bureau. Let’s have a look at the category-wise vacancies for IB ACIO 2020 exam.
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
IB ACIO Recruitment Important Dates :
- Online Application Start Date : 19th December 2020.
- Online Application End Date : 09th January 2021.
- Last Date of submission of Application Fee through SBI challan: 12 January 2021 (Banking Hours)
- Exam Dates : Tier-1 Exam Date Announce Soon
Eligibility Criteria :
- Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- Knowledge of Computers.
Age Limit :
- Minimum : 18 Years
- Maximum : 27 Years
How to Apply :
- Email ID,
- Phone Number,
- Photograph (Coloured photo of size 35mm (width) x 45mm (height) not older than 12 weeks, Light background. Light grey/ white is suggested. The face should cover 70-80% of the photo. The applicant should look straight at the camera with a normal expression)
- Scanned signature (Size of file should be between 50-100kb in jpg/jpeg format only).
Exam Pattern :
- The candidates who are interested in the post can begin with their preparation with the updated exam pattern released with the official notification. IB ACIO 2 will be conducted in 3 rounds of exams viz. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Interview. The exam pattern of IB ACIO-II is given in the table below.
Tier 1 Exam
There will be a negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||20||20||60 Minutes|
On the basis of their performance & normalization of marks in Tier-1 Exam, Candidates would be shortlisted for Tier-II exam at 10 times the number of vacancies, subject to the candidate scoring the minumum cut-off
Tier 2 Exam
The tier-2 exam is descriptive in nature and carries 2 questions for 50 marks in total.
|Essay Writing||30||60 Minutes|
|English Comprehension & Precis Writing||20|
Tier 3 (Interview)
The interview round will be of 100 marks and the Candidates appearing in interviews may be subject to Psychometric/Aptitude Test which will be a part of the interview.
Payment can be made through Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/ MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, UPI, SBI Challan, etc.
|Category||Examination Fee||Recruitment Processing Fee||Total Fees|
|Male candidates of
General, EWS and
|Rs 100/-||Rs 500/-||Rs 600/-|
|All SC/ST, all
& all ExSM
|Nil||Rs 500/-||Rs 500/-|
What’s New :
- Candidates can appear for the tier 1 exam in any of the 3 centers allotted to them.
- Candidates appearing in interviews may be subject to the Psychometric/Aptitude Test which will be a part of the interview.
For detailed information about the recruitment, download the official notification pdf from the link below.